TERMS AND CONDITIONS
CHOICE AND CONSENT OF THE CUSTOMER
The decision to provide the Bank with certain customer information through our website is always up to the customer. It should however be noted that in financial dealings, withholding certain information may limit the services the Bank is able to offer the customer.
The Bank will not collect or use customer information without obtaining the customer's consent. In instances where the Bank does purchase information from information providers, the Bank will ensure that the third party has obtained valid consent before concluding the purchase. In respect of all marketing activities related to the Bank’s services or products, consent to collect or use your information will be obtained from you, the customer. Should the customer choose not to provide consent, then consent will be implied (e.g. if the customer is given an opportunity to opt out of a specific form of information sharing, but chooses not to do so, it implies that the customer chooses to share this information).
It is important to note that where customer information is provided for marketing services, it is only done with your consent as described above. In addition, third parties chosen by any member of the Bank or its subsidiaries are taken through strict due diligence processes in order to ensure that the customer’s information is handled securely.
The type of customer information the customer will be asked to provide will vary according to the product or services required.
Internal information sharing:
The Bank and its subsidiaries collect information independently from customers. By sharing information about a customer's accounts among different business units, the Bank can serve the customer more efficiently.
External information sharing:
Other companies routinely contact the Bank for credit and financial information about customers. The Bank will, however, only share customer information in the instances where disclosure is made at the customer's request or with the customer's consent.
The Bank is however obliged to disclose information relating to regulatory and legal purposes, without consent.
What customer information is collected?
Depending on the Bank’s products and services which you subscribe to, the information requirements would vary. Customer information in general refers to personal information submitted to the Bank through the website that identifies or relates to an online visitor or customer, whether they are an individual or a business. This information includes but is not limited to details such as name, age, identification numbers, registration numbers, addresses and other contact details, liabilities, income and payments records, financial information and banking details such as account numbers.
The Bank has established procedures designed to ensure that your non-public personal information is as accurate and complete as possible, in accordance with reasonable standards. If you believe that our records contain inaccurate or incomplete information about you, please notify us via our contact centres in order to make the necessary amendments. Some changes will only be made once the necessary supporting documentation has been obtained. We will take reasonable steps to investigate your concerns and correct inaccurate information in a timely manner.
WHY DOES PRUDENTIAL BANK LIMITED COLLECT CUSTOMER INFORMATION?
The Bank uses customer information to identify the customer and to offer a better online service. Customer information is also necessary to enable the Bank to contact the customer in the event of any query. The Bank further uses customer information to bring to the customer's attention details of the Bank’s other services and products. The more we know about you, the better we can serve you.
HOW DOES PRUDENTIAL BANK LIMITED SAFEGUARD YOUR INFORMATION?
Keeping your financial information secure is one of the Bank’s most important responsibilities. This policy governs the behaviour of employees with regard to accuracy, confidentiality and security of all customer information.
The only instances in which the Bank is permitted to disclose customer information is when it is:
Required by law
This most often relates to government tax reporting requirements or in terms of a court order or if required in terms of legislation or in accordance with the common law. The Bank will, however, in all instances required by law, only disclose the information specifically requested.
Necessary to protect Prudential Bank Limited interests
This will not be used as a reason for disclosing information about a customer or a customer's accounts (including name and address) to anyone else, including the Bank’s subsidiaries for marketing purposes. However, basic procedures that protect the Bank's interests sometimes lead to the disclosure of specific customer information to third parties, for example, returning a cheque due to insufficient funds in an account.
In the public interest
Sometimes the Bank is asked to disclose customer information for matters of public interest, e.g. to assist in the prevention of crimes. Before complying with these requests, the Bank takes every precaution to ensure the authorities involved have legitimate grounds to make such a request.
Credit reference agencies
Information about a customer's personal debt owed to the Bank may be disclosed to credit reference agencies, where the customer has fallen behind with payments and has not made proposals satisfactory to the Bank for repayment of debt following formal demand or where the customer has given the Bank written consent or where the customer has a cheque referred to drawer, the information is placed on a cheque verification service.
Privacy statements applying to specific services
The Bank’s business units or subsidiaries may have their own privacy policies because the nature of the service or products demands a deviation from this policy. These specific policies will apply to and exclusively govern the customer's use of the particular service or product.
Except as outlined in the section dealing with "Sharing Customer Information", the Bank will never sell customer information to any other external party. It is important to note that where customer information is provided for marketing services, it is only done so with your consent as described above. In addition, third parties chosen by any member within the Bank are taken through strict due diligence processes in order to ensure that the customer information is handled securely.
The Bank may use customer information to send the customer information on new services or products that may be of interest to the customer and from time to time will mail, email or SMS information to the customer about the Bank, the Bank’s products and services or on the subsidiaries and their products or services.
Remember, regular non-encrypted email is not secure. For this reason, the Bank will not include confidential account information in an email response.
The Bank will further never request the customer, via the use of email, to provide the Bank with personal information, such as your account number; PIN or password, etc.
HELP CONTRIBUTE TO THE PROTECTION OF YOUR INFORMATION
The customer can also help maintain the security of banking information by:
- Not sharing the customer's ID or password with anyone
- Changing the customer's password regularly
- Remembering to sign off after an online banking session
- Not leaving the customer's computer unattended while conducting online transactions
- Reporting lost or stolen cards
- Helping the Bank maintain accurate records by letting the Bank know when changes occur in the customer's situation so the Bank can update its records accordingly
- Not sending any confidential information via non-encrypted e-mail
- Not supplying the customer's personal and financial information to any site he/she/it does not know or trust
HOW LONG WE KEEP YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION ON FILE
We will not keep your information for longer than necessary and will take steps to ensure that it is kept up to date.
In these terms and conditions, the following definitions will apply:
- “You” or “your” - means any customer accessing this website (“Site”).
- “The Bank”, we”, “us” or “our” - means Prudential Bank Limited.
- “Subsidiaries” - means subsidiaries of Prudential Bank Limited.
- “Password” - means any secret and confidential code for access to this Site and/or to avail any products and services provided by us to you and/or selected by you and/or subsequently changed by you at your discretion.
- “Site” - means the Prudential Bank Limited website.
- “Service” - means the Prudential Bank Limited Retail Internet Banking service.
- “Username” - means and includes an identification code which is selected by us and/or you for operating the Site and/or to avail of any products or services provided by us to you.
These terms and conditions govern your use of this Site and by accessing this Site and acknowledging receipt of the username and password you agree to be bound by them.
- Please note that if you are an existing Prudential Bank Limited customer, these terms and conditions will apply in addition to those of your savings and/or current account and those contained in the application form or appointment of banker signed by you.
- We reserve the right to change these terms and conditions at any time and without notice by updating this posting and your continued access to or use of this Site following any such change will constitute your acceptance of the revised terms and conditions.
- The Bank reserves the right to accept or decline any application for the Service at its sole discretion.
- The processing of your application and the subsequent registration for the Service will be done within 5 (five) working days of submitting your application.
- It is your sole responsibility to familiarize yourself with the operating procedures for the Service as will be provided by the Bank upon your registration. The Bank will not be liable for any losses incurred as a result of your errors either of commission and/or omission.
- You agree and undertake to be bound by and to comply with all of the operating procedures as may be issued by the Bank from time to time. The Bank will not be bound by or obliged to take any action on any instructions which do not properly comply with the procedures and the Bank may reject such non-compliant instructions.
- The Bank will provide you with a username and password for your access to this Service. You must keep your login details secret and not disclose them. You must take all reasonable care to prevent unauthorised or fraudulent use of the Service. The Bank will not be held liable for any losses arising from the unauthorised use of your username and password.
- You must notify the Bank immediately should you feel your login details have been compromised, through our Contact Centre at 0302 750 420 or 0800 000 772.
- This Service will be provided to you as long as you are the sole account holder of your account(s) or have the mandate to singularly operate the specified account(s).
- The Bank reserves the right to charge a fee for your access and use of all or part of the services offered through this Site. You will be notified of these fees from time to time. You will be liable to pay the Bank for any fees levied for the use of the Site, unless the Bank in its sole discretion has waived such fees. By accepting these terms and conditions, you provide the Bank with the authority to debit these fees from your account on a monthly basis. These charges will be reflected in your normal bank statement. The Bank reserves the right to revise the fees chargeable for this service from time to time. The Bank reserves the right to terminate this Agreement in the event that you fail to pay any fees levied for the provision of the Service.
Please refer to the Bank’s tariff guide for further details regarding the Bank’s charges.
USE OF THIS SITE
- You may not misuse this Site (including, without limitation, by hacking). We may in our sole discretion terminate your access to or use of this Site for any reason, including without limitation where we believe that you have not acted in accordance with the terms and conditions of this Site.
- This Site is designed to be accessed from its homepage. Accessing a specific page within this Site via a hypertext link may mean that you do not see important information about this Site, the conditions for its use and the Bank and its subsidiaries.
- While we will endeavour to ensure that this Site is normally available 24 hours a day, we will not be liable if for any reason this Site is unavailable at any time or for any period. Also, your access to this Site may be suspended temporarily or restricted without notice to allow for repairs, maintenance, or the introduction of new facilities or services or for reasons beyond our control.
- The Bank reserves the right to enhance the Site at any time without notice to you. It is your responsibility to keep updated with these enhancements. The Bank will make all reasonable efforts to notify you of any changes or updates.
COPYRIGHT, ALL RIGHTS RESERVED
The entire design and content of this Site is the copyright of Prudential Bank Limited. All trademarks, brand names, logos and designs used on this Site are our intellectual property. All our rights are reserved and the information held is for your personal security. You may not download (all or in part), transmit, reproduce, distribute or modify this Site without our prior written permission. However, you may print out part or all of this Site for your own personal use.
THIRD-PARTY PRODUCTS AND SERVICES
- Where we provide hypertext links to third-party internet web sites, such links are provided for your information and convenience and the inclusion of any link is not an endorsement by us in any way of any products or services in such websites.
You use such links entirely at your own risk and we accept no responsibility or liability for the content, use or availability of such websites or for any loss or damage, however arising, suffered, as a result of their use. We have not verified the truth or accuracy of any content of such websites.
- This Site may also contain some material provided by third parties and we accept no responsibility or liability for the accuracy of such material.
- No third party is permitted to link any other website to this Site without obtaining our prior written consent.
Nothing on this Site should be construed as a solicitation or offer, or recommendation, to acquire or dispose of any investment or to engage in any other transaction, or to provide any investment advice or service.
- Although we have taken all reasonable care to ensure that the information provided on this Site is accurate and up-to-date, we make no representations or warranties of any kind, express or implied, with regard to the accuracy, timeliness, reliability or completeness of any such information.
- Opinions and any other contents on this Site are provided by us for personal use and informational purposes only and are subject to change without notice. If you are in any doubt as to the validity of information made available within these pages, you may contact us by any of the means described under “Locations” in the footer of this Site.
- Nothing contained on this Site constitutes investment, legal, tax or other advice and is not to be relied on in making an investment or other decision. You should obtain relevant and specific professional advice before making any investment decision.
- To the maximum extent permitted by law, we will accept no liability in any event including (without limitation) for negligence, and/or for any damages or loss of any kind, including (without limitation) direct, indirect, incidental, special or consequential damages, expenses or losses that may result to you or a third party arising out of, or in connection with:
- Your use or inability to use this Site, or your downloading of any material from the Site or in connection with any error, omission, defect, computer virus (including but not limited to loss or damage due to viruses that may infect your computer equipment, software, data or other property, or system failure), loss of any profit, goodwill or reputation, even if expressly advised of the possibility of such loss or damage, arising out of or in connection with the access of, use of, performance of, browsing in, or linking to other sites from this Site or the material on such websites,
- Any action based on the content of this Site or any use or application of the same or any error or omission relating to the transmission of the content of this Site.
- The Bank will not be held liable for the quality of service, any interruptions, malfunctions or disruptions from your internet service provider, telecommunications provider or any other third party.
We reserve the right to modify, suspend or discontinue, temporarily or permanently, this Site or any part of it, with or without notice, at any time. You agree that we will not be liable to you or to any third party for any such modification, suspension or discontinuance of this Site.
TERMINATION AND CONSEQUENCES OF TERMINATION
- You may terminate the use of this service through an application form available at our branches. Such requests will be effected within five (5) working days of receipt of the termination notice by us. Any fees that may be outstanding at the time of such termination will remain payable and the Bank reserves the right to debit such fees from your account.
- You will remain liable for any internet service provider charges that may arise from the use of this service.
Information and Instructions received from you through the Site will be stored by the Bank and accessed by employees of the Bank (as is deemed necessary).
- Notwithstanding any provision contained in this Agreement, the Bank will not be liable to you to the extent fulfilment or performance of any terms or provisions of this Agreement is delayed or prevented by revolution or other civil disorders; wars; acts of enemies; strikes; lack of available resources from persons other than us; labour disputes; electrical equipment or mobile network failure; fires; floods; acts of God; government or regulator action; or, without limiting the foregoing, any other causes not within its control, and which by the exercise of reasonable diligence we are unable to prevent, whether of the class of causes hereinbefore enumerated or not.
- If any force majeure event occurs, we will give written notice to you and will use commercially reasonable efforts to minimise the impact of such event.
- The Laws of the Republic of Ghana govern these terms and conditions and you agree that the Ghanaian Courts will have exclusive jurisdiction to determine any matter or dispute in connection with or arising out of this Site and these terms and conditions.
- This Site is designed for use in the Republic of Ghana only and is not directed to, nor intended for distribution to or use by, any person or entity in any jurisdiction or country where the publication or availability of this Site or such distribution or use would be contrary to local law or regulation.
- If you choose to access information on this Site, it is your responsibility to comply with the applicable local, national or international laws and any use of this Site outside the Republic of Ghana is entirely at your own risk. For guidance relating to your specific situation, please contact your legal adviser.
- The products and services represented within this Site are intended for customers in the Republic of Ghana only.
- If any provision of these terms and conditions (or part of any provision) is found by any court or other authority of competent jurisdiction to be invalid, unenforceable or illegal, the other provisions will remain in force.
Contacting us about this site
Any questions or comments about this Site or these terms and conditions may be directed to us in writing to Prudential Bank Limited, No.8 John Harmond Street, Ring Road Central, Accra, or PMB, GPO, Accra or by such other ways as described on this Site.